Blue Cove Resort
Terms and Conditions
1. General Terms and Conditions
- The guest acknowledges responsibility for and on behalf of all parties on the premises to the terms and conditions of rental. Failure to comply with the rules of the property and the terms and conditions of this contract by any individual on the premises associated with the renter will be the sole responsibility of the renter and be considered a material breach of this contract. The guest further agrees to be responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in their group.
- Occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each cottage. The maximum occupancy includes children under the age of twelve years old.
- Guest understands to be fully responsible for the cost of any damages sustained to the property, décor or its contents during the stay; this includes the moving of items to another property, for breakages or for any excessive cleaning charges incurred during my stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any accommodation managed by Blue Cove Resort at any time. I understand that in the event that a guest is found to have smoked in the property, the guest will be contacted and informed of any charges related to the cleaning/deodorizing of the property and all of the items in the property (i.e curtains, furniture, window treatments, etc). These charges will be deducted from the security deposit made in advace on file.
- Guests may only smoke outside the accommodation and are responsible for disposal of waste in proper receptacles. Violators of this policy are subject to an additional minimum $100 fee.
- All descriptions given on the website(s) are made in good faith and the owner(s) accept no liability whatsoever for errors or omissions.
- The reservation is accepted and confirmed only for the number of guests declared on the original inquiry and/or listed on the Rental Agreement. Blue Cove Resort reserve’s the right to cancel the reservation if additional guests are added without prior consent.
- Good Neighbor Policy: Blue Cove Resort are located in a mixed-use neighborhood that includes both short-term guests and year-round residents. We want you to enjoy your stay, but not at the expense of the neighbors so please be considerate of the neighbors with your noise and activities. Parking is limited.
- No guest shall create or permit to exist any nuisance. Please respect the rights of the neighbors by restricting sound and noise to a reasonable volume.
- The accommodation is not to be used to host parties or social/group gatherings. Only guests whose names are on the Rental Agreement are authorized to stay in the home. Any guest having a party or social/group gathering in the home or exceeding the numbers of authorized guests will be evicted without refund.
- Indoor furniture is not to be moved. Bringing rental furniture (except cribs) into the house is prohibited.
- Cooking in the houses and on the lanais/patio is strictly prohibited.
- Each bed has a total of one set of sheets. Should they need washing, please place them on the floor for the cleaning staff to know and change your sheets.
- The Guest making the reservation must be 18 years of age or older and must occupy the rental property, the entire term of stay for the reservation.
- Keys must be returned in person to representative upon departure. If lost, guest agrees to pay for locks to be re-keyed.
- Guest acknowledges that neither Blue Cove Resort nor the Owner of the Property’s insurance covers any of Guest’s or Guest’s invitees’ personal property, including vehicles, against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause, except for injury or damage caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of Blue Cove Resort or the Owner of the Property. Blue Cove Resort and the Owner of the Property recommend that Guest carry or obtain insurance to protect Guest, Guest’s invitees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
- Check-in is at 2 pm and check-out is at 12 pm (noon).
- In the event a Guest fails to depart from the home by 12pm with no late check-out arranged and results in Blue Cove Resort being unable to clean and prepare the home for the next arriving Guest that day, the departing Guest agrees to pay damages and costs incurred by Blue Cove Resort; including but not limited to moving the incoming Guest to another home. A late check-out can only be arranged at an additional charge if the home does not have another guest’s arrival schedule. This option must be arranged in advance and cannot be added on the day of departure.
2. Reservation Policy
- You can conveniently make your bookings online via our website or simply send us an email.
- Before sending us your booking, please check that all of the information you have provided is correct and complete. Incorrect or incomplete information can result in an erroneous booking for which we take no responsibility.
- A deposit resp. a prepayment is required to secure your reservation (see also Article 4.). Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a reservation confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately (email@example.com) if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information that we urge you to read to ensure your stay at Blue Cove Resort is issue free.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing your reservation with a deposit means you accept the terms of our Cancellation Policy.
- Valid ID/National ID/Passport must be presented upon check-in. Failure to do so would result in no acceptance/check-in.
- The total room cost including taxes is due upon check in at the resort. Blue Cove Resort accepts cash (Philippines Pesos, US Dollars and Euros). There is a 5% interest rate if you pay with foreign currencies. Traveler’s checks and credit cards are not accepted at the Resort. Alternatively you may pay your room balance via bank wire transfer prior to your arrival. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to send you bank account details and wire transfer instructions. Payments must be received no less than one week prior to your arrival date. Please ensure you confirm your payment with us via email.
- We ask that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellation especially during the typhoon season. We also recommend you are covered for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
- Bookings via booking websites like Agoda, Expedia group or Booking.com is subject to our terms and conditions. Additional nights will be charged at the current hotel tarif.
- The tariff is for the room inclusive of any government taxes.
- Meals and other services are available at extra cost.
- Price adjustments, however, may occur without prior notice.
- Bookings that have already been confirmed remain valid and are excluded from possible price adjustments.
4. Settlement Of Bills
- If online booking has been made a few months prior to arrival date: a deposit through paypal of 1 (one) night for each booking is due within 10 (ten) days. Deposit is non-refundable. Prepayment of whole stay may be paid thru paypal. This may be refunded upon deduction of deposit if cancelled according to article 5. The booking is valid only after the booking is confirmed by Blue Cove Reservations. However, the resort reserves the right to cancel bookings without further explanation.
- When a booking has been made more than 30 days ahead: a deposit through paypal of 50 (fifthy) percent for each booking is due within 2 (two) days. Deposit is non-refundable. The booking is valid only after the booking is confirmed by Blue Cove Reservations. However, the resort reserves the right to cancel bookings without further explanation.
- The full payment of accommodation can be done at the resort or be made in advance, contact us at email@example.com if you want to pay in full.
- Personal cheques are not accepted. Blue Cove Resort only accepts cash payments or prepayments via paypal or bank wire.
- Deposit will automatically be deducted from the total amount of the accommodation costs’. For NO SHOWS deposit will be forfeited. Blue Cove Resort reserves the right to cancel guests reservation if deposit has not been received on agreed date and time as stated on the confirmation letter received by email.
- Deposits and/or payments made through paypal will occur a transfer cost which is covered by guest and not Blue Cove Resort.
5. Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Securing a reservation with a deposit means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
- Cancellations made more than 15 days from check-in date will not be charged. Payments made according to article 4.1 will be paid out through paypal. This refund is payable only by paypal and will occur a transfer cost which is covered by guest and not Blue Cove Resort. We do not issue refunds by bank transfer at this time.
- Cancellations made between 15 days from the check-in date will be charged the deposited amount resp. deposits are non-refundable.
- All deposits are non–transferable to alternate dates; however, you are welcome to send someone else in your place.
- Should it be necessary for you to depart earlier than your confirmed date, you will be responsible for the full amount of your intended stay.
- We do not issue refunds or credits for flight/bus/car/boat/train cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against flight cancellations.
- Any changes to your reservation must be received no less than 7 days prior to your original arrival date via email, and changes are subject to availability.
- There are no refunds for early checkouts.
- There are no refunds due to bad weather, tropical storms or typhoon’s; including any inconvenience or complication caused by a typhoon’s direct hit, near miss, or significant threat of a typhoon’s strike. Typhoons are unpredictable by nature. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
- Blue Cove Resort is not liable for any other costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or typhoon.
- No exceptions are made to our cancellation policy, including personal emergencies or governmental issues. Please take out Travel Insurance to cover you in case of an illness that forces you to cancel a trip.
- We strongly recommend cancellation and accident insurance to prevent any losses in case of illness, accident or otherwise.
6. Company’s Lien On Guest’s Luggage And Belongings
In the case of default in payment of dues by a guest, the management shall have the lien on their luggage and belongings, and be entitled to detain the same and to sell or auction such property at any time without reference to the guest. The net sale proceeds will be appropriate towards the amount due by the guest without prejudice to the management’s rights to adopt such further recovery proceedings as my be required.
Check out time is 12.00 (noon) please inform the reception if you wish to retain your room beyond this time. Extension will be given depending on the availability . If the room is available, normal tariff will be charged. On failure of the guest to vacate the room on expiry or period the management shall have the right to remove the guest and his/her belongings from the room occupied by the Guest.
8. Luggage Storage
Subject to availability of the storage space, the guest can store luggage at the restaurant of Blue Cove Resort, at the guest’s sole risk as to loss or damage from any cause, Luggage may not be stored for period of over 1 day.
9. Guest’s Belongings
Guests are particularly requested to lock the door of their rooms when going out going to bed. No electronic safety lockers are provided in the room to store any valuables. The Management will not in any way whatsoever be responsible for any loss / or damage to the Guest’s belongings or any other property from either the hotel room or any other part of the hotel for any cause whatsoever including theft of pilferage.
- Pets such as dogs are permitted in the villas of Blue Cove Resort upon advance agreement with Blue Cove Reservations.
- Guests with dogs are advised not to unleash their dog if it will not get along with Blue Cove Resorts house dog for the duration of their stay.
- Guest understands that Blue Cove Resort shall not be responsible for any loss or injury to a pet while staying at the property, or for any action take against the pet or pet owner by third parties.
- All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash at all times.
- The Guest agrees NOT to leave pet(s) alone TO ROAM FREELY THROUGHOUT THE HOME. Kennels, crates or vehicles should be used to house pets when owners are not visually supervising pets.
- The pet is housebroken, flea free, not prone to shedding, and not prone to damaging property.
- The pet owner pays a nightly rent fee for each pet of P 100 night/pet.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
- Guest agrees to pay an extra pet cleaning fee billed at P 100/hr if excessive hair is found.
- Guest agrees to pay the repair cost assessed by Blue Cove Resort for any damage done by a guest’s pet, including but not limited to chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), scratching glass, scratching doors, scratching walls, etc.
- Guests must pick up after their pet when the pet does its business on Blue Cove Resort property, and dispose of waste in a proper container. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF P 300 FOR EACH POOP REMOVAL.
- We do not limit pet size or breed, however, aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behavior, the guest, with their pet, will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents and security deposit.
- Guests must provide certificate that the pet is up-to-date on rabies/all vaccinations.
- The Guest agrees to monitor pet’s noise so that neighbors resp. other guests are not disturbed.
- The pet owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend rental owner against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their pet(s).
11. Guest’s Visitors / Day Visitors
- Visitors of In-house guests’ and regular Day Visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of Php 200.00 per person (of any age).
- Payment on day of arrival at the restaurant. No cheques or cards, only cash.
- No food and alcohol may be taken into the resort or restaurant.
- No private music is allowed to be played at resort’s area.
- Drunk and disorderly behavior will not be tolerated.
- Day Visitors may not enter In-house guests designated area unless they are invited by In-house guests or agreed upon in advance with the Management on site.
- All facilities on the Resort are used entirely at guests own risk.
12. General Rules / Admission Policies
- No Lifeguard on duty. All guests swimming at the beach do this at their own risk.
- The responsability for the children, their conduct and safety lies within the parents or guardians and not by Blue Cove Resort staff.
- No one under age of fourteen (14) should enter the beach area without being accompanied by an adult who knows how to swim.
- Parents/Guardians/Supervisors (at least 18 years of age) must ACTIVELY SUPERVISE their children and keep young non-swimmers (seven years of age and under) within arm’s reach (“touch supervision”).
- Please leave valuables at home. Blue Cove Resort will not be responsible for personal property or valuables at any time or the loss of it.
- Food or refreshments may be consumed in designated areas of the outdoor pool, including the grassy areas.
- Bringing picnic baskets/coolers of your own, grills, gas or electric cooking devices may NOT be brought into Blue Cove Resorts premises including houses, garden and pool.
- Food and drinks (other than water in an appropriate plastic container) are not permitted on the pool decks except in designated seating areas.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, drugs and pets are not permitted. Service animals are permitted in the pool area but not in the pool itself
- Employees are the only persons allowed in staff rooms, filter room, chemical storage areas and offices.
- Smoking is not permitted in the public area. please use designated smoking areas.
- Clothing such as cut-offs, gym shorts and underwear is not permitted as swimwear.
- All clothing must be colorfast and lightweight material suitable for swimwear, such as Lycra, Spandex or nylon.
- Rashguards, which are more tight – fitting, designed for in-water use and which offer protection from the sun, will be permitted.
- No person within the beach area shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of himself/herself and others. Such behavior, including abusive or profane language, shall be grounds for expulsion.
- Running, boisterous or rough play, pushing, acrobatics, dunking, wrestling, offensive or disruptive splashing or yelling, diving or jumping without care and caution, snapping of towels, improper conduct causing undue disturbances on or about the beach area or any acts which would endanger any patron are prohibited.
- Loitering will not be permitted on the pool grounds or within any of its facilities.
- Spitting, spouting water, blowing nose, urinating or defecating in the beach is prohibited.
- No prolonged underwater swimming for time and/or distance. Competitive or repetitive breath holding can be deadly and is not permitted. Hyperventilation is absolutely not permitted.
12.4 Age & Health / Safety Restrictions
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent, who wish to enter any beach, must wear a clean diaper or disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs and waist. If the diaper becomes soiled, this person must exit the beach immediately and may not return until he/she has taken or been given a soap shower and has been covered by a new diaper with clean rubber/vinyl pants.
- Children under fourteen (14) years old must be accompanied by an adult supervisor (age 18+) who knows how to swim.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted in the any area.
- Any injury occurring in the beach must be reported to a Blue Cove Resort Staff immediately.
- Any person having a skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, communicable disease or who is wearing any kind of bandage or Band-Aid to cover an open (unhealed) wound will not be permitted in the beach.
- Any adult or child who is experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use the pool. Persons with diarrhea should wait two weeks after symptoms end before returning to the beach. Pathogens of concern may still be shed up to two weeks following the end of symptoms.
12.5 Equipment / Toys
- Swim toys, balls and the like may be used at the discretion Blue Cove Resort staff without disturbing other customers.
- Coast Guard approved and labeled lifejackets designed to provide vertical support and water wings (“swimmies”) may be worn. No back floats, bubbles, rings (including those built into bathing suits) or one-sided floatation devices are permitted.
- Face masks and snorkels may not be used by children except during approved instructional programs. Goggles are permitted
- Headphones/earbuds must be worn when listening to musical entertainment devices to not disturb other customers.
12.6 Weather / Environmental Conditions
- During rainstorms, swimming at the beach may be closed and the entire area cleared of customers at the discretion of the Blue Cove Resort staff on duty.
- During thunderstorms customers must evacuate the beach area and seek shelter inside a substantial building. The Blue Cove Resort’s restaurant may be used for temporary shelter. The beach area will not reopen until 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder.
- If lightning is seen in the distance (no thunder), the beach area will be cleared as soon as practical.
12.7 Practice healths swimming habits
For public health reasons, standard diapers cannot be worn in the beach. Children who are not yet toilet trained must wear an appropriate swim diaper covered with snug fitting rubber/vinyl pants. A bathing suit must be worn over the plastic/rubber pants. Under Health Department standards, Prevention is far better than contamination, so please follow the CDC’s Healthy Swimming Habits:
- Children (and adults) who have had diarrhea in the last two weeks shouldn’t go swimming.
- Use the bathroom before getting into the beach. Take frequent bathroom breaks and check diapers often.
- Change diapers in the bathroom (not on the beach deck or grassy areas).
- Avoid swallowing beach water or even getting it in your mouth.
12.8 Toilets by the beach
- Sit on the toilet and do not stand on it.
- Do not flush the used toilet paper down the toilet use the bin.
- Do not flush cigarette buds, cotton buds, tampons, sanitary pads or any other material down the toilet. Charges will occour for any blockage.
- Do not throw plastic cups down the toilet.
- Leave the toilet in a clean condition.
- Do not enter the toilets bare footed.
- The sinks are for washing hands only. No hand towels or toilet paper should be used as a plug.
- The use of cameras, video cameras or any device containing camera equipment of any kind is prohibited in all toilet facilities of Blue Cove Resort.
- Activities such as washing clothes, coloring hair, and other personal grooming activities are not permitted.
13. Hazardous Goods
Bringing goods and / or storing of raw or exposed cinema films, or any other article of a combustible or hazardous nature and / or prohibited goods and / or goods of objectionable nature is prohibited. The Guest shall be solely liable and responsible to the management, its other guests, invitees visitors, agents and servants for all loss financial or otherwise and damage that may be caused by such articles or as a result of the guests’s own negligence and non-observance of any / instructions.
14. Damage to Property
The guest will be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hotel property caused by themselves, their guests or any person for whom they are responsible.
15. Limitation of Liability
Blue Cove Resort and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and/or services in the Property. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify Blue Cove Resort within one working day, such that Blue Cove Resort may elect to rectify the failure. Blue Cove Resort and/or the Owner do not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the rental period. In the event that property of the Guest is lost or stolen, the Guest should advise Blue Cove Resort first, and then contact the appropriate authority to report the lost or stolen items. Blue Cove Resort and/or the Owner accept no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the rental period. The Guest must ensure that children are supervised at all times. It is the policy of Blue Cove Resort that all children under the age of 18 years are not left in the rental home un-supervised at any time during the rental period.
Games, toys, baby furniture/equipment, strollers, rental cribs are used at guests’ own risk. Young children must be supervised at all times. Blue Cove Resort and/or the Owner do not accept liability for equipment failure and/or services in The Guests understand that there is no lifeguard on duty and it is a major condition of this reservation that the use of the rental property and pool is entirely at the guest’s risk. Diving, horseplay or running around the beach area is prohibited; no child in the party or adult non-swimmer will use the beach without adequate adult supervision by a strong swimmer. The guest must immediately report any problems with the beach. All guests understand and agree that neither the property owner nor property manager can accept responsibility whatsoever in case of accident or illness whilst on the property. Anyone tampering with or disconnecting pool equipments such as pumps, pipes, nets etc. commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by a $5000 fine. Blue Cove Resort will assess a minimum charge of $100.00 per equipment for its repair/replacement Please do not tamper with the pool equipments. Blue Cove Resort does not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force majeure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest. We cannot accept any liability for the failure of public supplies such as water, electricity, BBQ, gas or telephone/internet supplies. Nor for the consequences of the actions or omissions of persons who may supply or control main services, or any action taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority or persons over which we have is no control. We cannot accept any liability for the air conditioning system or any household appliance breaking down. Urgent steps will be taken for a local engineer to rectify any problem. We accept no responsibility of liability for any loss or damage or alteration in the terms of your reservation caused by events beyond our control, including, but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays or cancellations airport closure, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood or industrial dispute. There will be no credit given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason and no credit given for cancellation due to weather conditions. Failure to comply with any of the terms herein, will at the sole discretion of the Company, result in the eviction of the Guest from the Property, without recompense or refund. There may be circumstances beyond our control and contemplation, in which the property might not be available for your reservation. Examples of these, but are not limited to, destruction of property, sale of property, water, gas or sewer leaks, fire or any other damage to the property making it inhabitable or potentially inhabitable.
In the event of Force Majeure, Blue Cove Resort Resort will do their best to make alternative arrangements are not acceptable to you, then we will refund all monies paid. If the guest accepts the alternative accommodation, they agree to re-locate back to the original property when it is deemed available by Blue Cove Resort. This will be the full extent of our liability to you and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising.
Blue Cove Resort and its employees shall not liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
- Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are the traveler’s responsibility.
- Monetary crises, social unrest, political or labor problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (typhoons, mudslides, earthquakes), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, typhoons or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
- Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Nam Mon is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
- Loss of items for losses incurred when rooms are not locked.
16. Managements’s Rights
It is agreed that the guest will conduct him/herself in a respectable manner and will not cause any nuisance or annoyance within the resort premism . The Management has the right to request any guest to vacate his/her room or other areas of the hotel forthwith, without previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, and the guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so. In case of the default the Management has the right to remove the Guest luggage and belongings from the room occupied by him/her.
17. Relation between Mangement and Guest
Nothing herein above shall continue or be deemed to constitute, or create any tenancy or sub-tenancy , or any other right to interact in the hotel premises or any part of portion thereof, in favour of any Guest or resident or visitor, and the Management shall always be deemed to be in full and absolute possession of the whole of the hotel premises.
18. Government rules and regulations and application of laws
Guest are requested to observe , abide by confirm to and be bound by all applicable acts and laws and Government rules and regulations in force from time to time.